A Community Action Group is a group of people coming together to prevent violence against women in their community. Community Action Groups can be geographically based, or built around faith, cultural, sporting, workplace or other communities of interest.
These groups will develop a community-led response to support change in their community, including:
- Adding capacity to and amplifying the voice of existing activities
- Identifying gaps in prevention activities or safety services
- Connecting local stakeholders to develop a whole-of-community response
- Advocating to address community needs
- Hosting events that raise awareness and funding for community responses
- Engaging men and boys in addressing violence against women
White Ribbon Australia will support and guide the development of Community Action Groups and support people to bring their community together.
If you are thinking of starting or joining a Community Action Group, or if you would like more information, please contact us below: